COVID-19 vaccines to be administered at fair
WHAT: Cook County’s Department of Emergency Management and Regional Security (EMRS) is partnering with government agencies, nonprofits and private sector organizations to ensure residents have the information they need to stay safe in an emergency. As part of National Preparedness Month, EMRS is hosting its 6th preparedness fair at Daley Plaza where residents will receive safety information from all participating agencies.
Cook County Health will administer Johnson & Johnson and Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines at the fair. The Johnson & Johnson vaccine is available to anyone 18 and older. The Pfizer vaccine is approved for individuals 12 and older. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. Neither citizenship status nor insurance are required to get the shot.
WHEN: Wednesday, September 15, 2021 from 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
WHERE: Daley Plaza located at 50 W. Washington St., Chicago, IL 60602
WHO: Agencies partnering with EMRS include:
- Cook County Animal and Rabies Control
- Cook County Dept. of Environment and Sustainability
- Cook County Health
- Chicago Office of Emergency Management and Communications (OEMC)
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) Association of Illinois
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- Illinois Dept. of Public Health
- Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA)
- Salvation Army